Applications have opened for the Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University. The Schwarzman Scholarship is available for a rigorous and innovative Masters of Global Affairs degree program at Tsinghua University, one of the China’s leading universities.
The program is fully funded and provide necessary funding to selected candidates for the duration of their studies. Drawing on the best traditions of Tsinghua and top academic institutions around the world, the curriculum bridges the academic and professional worlds to educate students about leadership and about China’s expanding role in the world.
The Schwarzman Scholars Program also provides successful applicants with unparalleled learning opportunities with leaders from China and the world through high-level interactions at lectures, an internship program, mentors network, and intensive deep-dive travel seminars.
Host institution: Tsinghua University in Beijing, China.
Fields of Study: Humanities Master’s Degree Programs in Global Affairs with concentrations on one of the following
disciplines: Public Policy, Economic and Business, International Studies.
Number of Awards: Up to 200.
Duration : Depends on the program of study.
Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities. However, 40% of the class will come from the United States, 20% from China, and 40% from the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship which will provide the following benefits:
- Tuition Fees;
- Room and board;
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year;
- In-country study tour;
- Required course books and supplies;
- A Lenovo laptop;
- Health insurance;
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses;
To apply for this scholarship to study in Asia, candidates must have the following profile:
- Be between 18-29 years of age;
- Applicants are expected to have demonstrated agility and superior performance in their academic studies;
- English language requirement:
- IELTS: 7;
- TOEFL iBT: 100;
- TOEFL PBT: 600.
- Or have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher;
- 4. Applicants from all parts of the world are welcome to apply for the Schwarzman Scholars program;
- 5. Single or Married applicants are both welcome to apply without any discrimination. However, no extra allowances will be provided for married candidates;
- 6. The program is open to all without any discrimination of color, sex, location, race, veteran statuses, religion / beliefs, ethnic/national origins etc.
Applications for candidates from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan or Macao is now open and will close on May 20, 2022. For U.S and Global applicants, the application will be received between Apr 13, 2022 and September 20, 2022.
- Students from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao can apply through the China application portal.
- For U.S. and Global applicants please wait till April and click on the apply button below.
- Online application
- Resume (2 page maximum)
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Essays (2)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video (optional)
Applicants are discouraged from submitting any supplemental materials that are not required, such as portfolios, writing samples, additional recommendations, etc. Such materials will not be shared with the Review Committee.
The application deadline is May 20, 2022 for candidates from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan or Macao and September 20, 2022 for U.S. and Global applicants. For more detail on the Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University, please visit the official page.
Shanghai Government Scholarship At East China Normal University In China For 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
Shanghai Government Scholarship was founded in 2006 with the aim to improve the development of international student education in Shanghai and promote more and more exceptional international students and scholars to East China Normal University.
East China Normal University is a comprehensive public research university in Shanghai, China. The university was created in 1951 by the merger of the Great China University (est. 1924) and Kwang Hua University (est. 1925) and derived from the St. John’s College established in 1879. Founded as a normal school, it had an original mission to train teachers for secondary and higher education, but soon accommodated top-class researchers and evolved into an elite research-intensive university. As of 2020, East China Normal University is organized into 22 schools, colleges, and institutes, found on two campuses throughout Minhang and Putuo. The university includes 2 affiliated schools across the Shanghai metropolitan area: NYU Shanghai in Pudong, and Asia-Europe Business School in Zizhu International Education Park. The university also maintains a National Forest Ecosystem Observation and Research Station in Tiantong National Forest Park, Ningbo.
The university is designated by the Ministry of Education of China as a Class A Double First Class University. East China Normal University is often regarded to be one of the most prestigious universities in China and is internationally recognized. Sponsored by the national program “Double First-Class University Plan”, “Project 211” and “Project 985”, the university is a frontrunner in the nation’s research and creation, and has been dubbed the “Columbia of the East”. However, the university also has strong ties with the China Meteorological Administration, State Oceanic Administration, and the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
East China Normal University always features in the global top 400 research universities according to some of the most cited international university rankings such as ShanghaiRanking’s Academic Ranking of World Universities, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and the U.S. News & World Report Best Global University Ranking. The university’s history can be traced to the formation of St. John’s College (later to become St. John’s University) in 1879, and its heritage has had a deep influence on the development of Chinese modern higher education.
In 1879, St. John’s College was established by William Jones Boone and Joseph Schereschewsky, Bishop of Shanghai, by merging two pre-existing Anglican colleges in Shanghai. In 1905, the College became St. John’s University and it was registered in Washington D.C. in the United States. It was also the first institution to grant bachelor’s degrees in China, starting in 1907.
After the May Thirtieth Movement in 1925, some academics and students left St. John’s University, later forming the private Kwang Hua University to support the labor and anti-imperialist movement during the middle period of the Republic of China era.
In 1924, after a student rally at the Xiamen University in Fujian some academics fled north to Shanghai, where they founded what became the Great China University (also known as Daxia University). East China Normal University has always been rated in the top two or three among the mainland Chinese universities in Education and Training according to the most recent QS World University Rankings by Subjects and Academic Ranking of World Universities by Subjects. In 2021, the university was rated 37th globally in the Times Higher Education Rankings by Subjects in “Education”, which is the historical strength of the university as suggested in the name “Normal”. Globally, East China Normal University is considered one of the most reputable Chinese universities by the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings where it is rated 151-175th.
Exempt from tuition fees, and accommodation on campus, the scholarship provides complete medical insurance and monthly living expense (Doctoral program: CNY3500; Graduate program: CNY3000; Undergraduate program: CNY2500)
Requirements for Shanghai Government Scholarship
- You must be a non-Chinese citizen and in good health to be qualified for Shanghai Government Scholarship.
- Education background and age limit: Candidates for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23 to be qualified. Each candidate for the bachelor’s degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25. Candidates for the master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35. For the doctoral degree program, you must have a master’s degree and be under 40.
- Scholars that have won the Chinese Government Scholarship or any scholarship offered by other organizations are not entitled to apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship.
How to Apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship
For more information concerning the scholarship, click here.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2022
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other China scholarships here
Schwarzman Scholars Masters Scholarship For International Students In China 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
The Schwarzman Scholars Masters Scholarship will give the world’s best and brightest students the chance to evolve their leadership skills and professional networks through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities.
With a $350 million endowment, Schwarzman Scholars Masters Scholarship will be the single largest philanthropic effort ever embarked in China by largely international donors. The outstanding students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a complete scholarship.
Schwarzman Scholars was motivated by Rhodes Scholarship, which was created in 1902 to promote international understanding and peace, and is also designed to meet the challenges of the 21st century and beyond. Blackstone Co-Founder Stephen A. Schwarzman personally donated $100 million to the program and is leading a fundraising campaign to raise an extra $350 million from private sources to endow the program in perpetuity. However, the $450 million endowments will support up to 200 scholars yearly from the U.S., China, and all over the world for a one-year Master’s Degree program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China’s most prestigious universities and an essential base for the country’s scientific and technological research. Students chosen for this highly selective program will live in Beijing for a year of study and cultural immersion, attending lectures, traveling, and creating a better understanding of China.
Benefits of Masters Scholarship
- Semi-finalist interview expenses, such as economy class air or train travel, group meals, and one night in a hotel if needed, will be arranged and covered by the scholarship.
- Expenses for successful Schwarzman Scholars are also FULLY covered.
- The scholarship will include Tuition and fees, Room and board, Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year, and An in-country study tour.
- Mandated course books and supplies, Lenovo laptop and smartphone, Health insurance, and a modest personal stipend will also be provided for each successful candidate.
Requirements for Schwarzman Scholars Masters Scholarship
- You need an undergraduate degree or first degree from an approved college or university or its equivalent. Candidates who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to complete all degree requirements before orientation starts on August 1st, 2022. Note that there are no requirements for a certain field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it will be important for candidates, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help improve their leadership potential within their field.
- Applicants must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of 1 August 2022.
- There are no citizenship or nationality requirements.
- Scholars must also demonstrate strong English Language skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. Note if the candidate’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. Acceptable test choices are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT)
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- However, this requirement is waived for scholars who graduated from an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for a minimum of three years of the applicant’s academic program.
How to Apply for Schwarzman Scholars Masters Scholarship
There is no fee associated with applying to the Schwarzman Scholars Masters Scholarship. To apply, you will need to complete and successfully submit an online application form, which includes all required documents and essays before the deadline date.
For further details, click here.
The application deadline for the scholarship is September 20, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other China scholarships here
Page Not Found – Latest Scholarships
Guangdong University of Technology (GDUT) is a multi-disciplinary university with a strong commitment to international cooperation and collaboration. In the last 60 years, the university has grown into a major educational and research institution in Guangdong province, in southern China, and has earned a reputation for producing graduates who are highly competent and renowned in …
The post Fully Funded Guangdong University Student Scholarships in China 2022/2023 appeared first on Latest Scholarships.
LUNA7 days ago
LUNA Supply Nears 7 Trillion, Is $1 Still Possible?
Celebrity5 days ago
A Celebrity Hair Stylist Who Makes $92,000/Month On YouTube Shares How Many Views She Needed To Quit Her Day Job
Masters6 days ago
Wittenborg University Of Applied Sciences Tech Women MBA Scholarship In The Netherlands For 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
IamUkraine Studio5 days ago
Leading European And Ukrainian Charity Foundations Announced Their Participation In The World’s First Innovative ChariFi’s Project – The Zelenskiy NFT, Developed By The IamUkraine Studio
Masters5 days ago
Victoria University Of Wellington Master Of Drug Discovery And Development Scholarship In New Zealand For 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
Uncategorized6 days ago
Traders Who Bought LUNA After the Crash Are Also Eligible for AirDrop – Do Kwon!
These5 days ago
These Travel Cards Have Annual Hotel Credits For An Extra Night Free Or Discounted Stay On Your Vacation
Altcoins6 days ago
Will Burning Excess LUNA tokens Really Impact the Price After it Failed Miserably with SHIB & ETH Price?