The CFA Institute Access Scholarship Program is developed to make the programs more available to individuals who may not be able to afford the full program fees.
About the Organization
CFA Institute is a global, not-for-profit professional organization that equips investment professionals with finance education. It seeks to advance the standards in ethics, education, and professional excellence in the global investment industry.
The organization offers the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM), the Certificate in ESG Investing, and till December 2021, the Investment Foundations Certificate.
CFA Institute provides resuming education conferences, seminars, webcasts, and publications to allow members and other parties to stay present on developments in the investment industry.
The organization also manages the CFA Institute Research Challenge for university students and the Research Foundation of CFA Institute.
The headquarters of CFA Institute is in Charlottesville, Virginia, United States, with other offices in New York City, Washington, D.C., London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Beijing, Shanghai, and Abu Dhabi.
The existing President and CEO are Margaret Franklin. In the year 1947, four financial analyst societies—Boston, Chicago, New York, and Philadelphia — teamed with the intent of encouraging the exchange of ideas and supporting the welfare of their profession.
Then in 1962, some of these financial analysts formed the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and set a code of conduct. The following year, the profession was regularized when 284 candidates sat for the first CFA exam and 268 CFA charters were awarded.
Hence in 2004, the Association for Investment Management and Research voted to change its name to the CFA Institute. In February 2019, The United States Department of Justice declared it will fine CFA Institute more than $320,000 for discriminating against skilled American workers by hiring temporary foreign workers through the H-1B visa program.
Furthermore, given the COVID-19 pandemic, CFA Institute has canceled the majority of the examinations around the world due to the lack of examination facilities in 2020.
By 2021, all examinations were shifted to computer-based testing for the three levels of the CFA program. In March 2021, CFA Institute established the Certificate in ESG Investing due to the increasing volume of environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) factors in socially responsible investing.
The Access Scholarship Program covers the one-time CFA Program enrollment fee (if applicable) and reduces the exam registration fee (includes access to the curriculum eBook) to US$250.
Eligibility for CFA Institute Access Scholarship Program
To protect the integrity of the CFA Institute Access Scholarship Program, the following Official Rules (“Rules”) shall bind all participants in the Program:
- Scholarship Candidates may be either new or existing ones in the CFA Program.
- There is no minimum or maximum income or asset level for Scholarship Prospects.
- Candidates are not qualified if their present employer provides any financial assistance for participation in the CFA Program.
- Candidates can only receive one CFA Institute Access Scholarship Program per calendar year.
- A Candidate may only receive one scholarship per exam, so if a candidate applies for both an Access and an Awareness Scholarship, and receives an award, the remaining applications will be null.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for Scholarship Program
- Applications will be examined by CFA Institute and/or a local CFA Institute Member Society in the Scholarship Candidate’s geographic area.
- While financial need will be strongly regarded, awards may be made based on a combination of factors which include financial need; the academic, professional, or other achievements of the candidate; barriers overcome by the candidate; contributions to the local community; the candidate’s interest in pursuing the CFA charter; and other personal attributes that demonstrate the individual is a strong candidate to receive an Access Scholarship Program and become a CFA charter holder.
Note that once your application has been processed, you will be informed of a decision by email. Candidates can expect a decision no later than 31 July 2022.
How to Apply for CFA Institute Access Scholarship Program
Log in and complete the CFA Program Access Scholarship Application. Candidates can expect an assessment decision no later than 31 July 2022.
For further information, click here.
The Application Deadline for the scholarship program is June 13, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here
Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships For International Students At The University Of Oxford In The UK For 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
Until lately, the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships have been awarded in 20 constituencies representing over 60 different countries. Now the scholarships are fully international: two new Global Scholarships allow qualified candidates from the rest of the world to apply (subject to nomination).
Rhodes Trust is a global organization that uses its deep connections across the world to bring together people of different backgrounds and perspectives.
We urge the people to debate, challenge each other’s thinking and develop new ideas. Cecil Rhodes hoped his Trustees to acclimate his plans to respond effectively to changing circumstances.
Thereafter his death his Trustees formed several more Scholarships for Canada than he had done. The adaptation continued through three Acts of the British Parliament and other significant changes to his will for example, during World War I, negating the German Scholarships, which were twice re-created by his Trustees (in 1929-30 and 1969-70); in 1929, completely transforming the geographic base on which the Scholarships are awarded in the United States; opening up all but four of the Scholarships to women as well as to men in 1976; the opening up of those four remaining Scholarships (for named schools in South Africa) to women in recent years.
However, during the first 100 years after Cecil Rhodes’s death, the Trustees added at one time or another about another 40 Scholarships, though not all have continued.
In 2003 to mark the centennial of the Rhodes Scholarships and to continue the historic responsibility of the Rhodes Trust to Africa and specifically to leadership development for Africa, the Rhodes Trust joined in the innovation of The Mandela Rhodes Foundation.
The Rhodes Trust is a forward-looking organization. As Nelson Mandela said at the launch of that Foundation in 2003, there is a chance to close the circle of history.
Moreover, we do not shy away from history but use it to challenge the status quo.
- The basic tenure of the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and individual conduct. In specific cases, at the control of the Academic Committee of the Rhodes Trust;
- Rhodes Trustees, Students may apply for the third year of Scholarship to complete the DPhil,
- The Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships are for not less than two years.
Eligibility for Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships
Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young persons of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and dedication to service from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide.
The four criteria governing the selection of Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships Students are:
- Literary and scholastic achievements (academic excellence)
- Energy to use one’s talents to the full (as displayed by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, specifically where teamwork is concerned)
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness, and fellowship
- The moral force of character and intuitions to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
The following eligibility standards apply to all candidates for the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships:
- Citizenship & residency: From any country in the world
- Age: You must have reached your 18th birthday and not have passed your 24th birthday on 1 October in the year of application. There is some divergence on the upper age limit across constituencies depending on the local environment. Please check carefully the exact age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful applicants will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not be postponed.
- Education: Rhodes Scholars must have completed a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford, to an adequately high standard to meet both the Rhodes and the Oxford criteria. Please consult the detailed information provided by the constituency to which you are applying on our How to apply for a Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships page and the prospectus pages of the University of Oxford. NB: Some constituencies need completion of your undergraduate degree in the year of application for the Scholarship.
How to Apply for Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships
If you are interested and eligible for Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships, Go to Rhodes Trust on www. Rhodes house.ox.ac. the UK to apply. Please note that you may submit only one Rhodes Scholarship application in an application round. Any applicant submitting more than one application per year will be disqualified from all submitted applications.
For more information, visit the website.
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is August 1, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here
American University Of Beirut Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme In The USA For 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
The American University of Beirut (AUB) offers Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme scholarships for graduate education in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation.
The American University of Beirut is a private, non-sectarian, and independent university chartered in New York with its campus in Beirut, Lebanon.
The university is governed by a private, autonomous board of trustees and offers programs leading to bachelor’s, master’s, MD, and Ph.D. degrees.
The American University of Beirut has an operating budget of $423 million with an endowment of approximately $768 million. The campus is comprised of 64 buildings, which include the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC, previously known as AUH – American University Hospital), (420 beds), four libraries, three museums, and seven dormitories.
Almost one-fifth of American University of Beirut’s students attended secondary school or university outside Lebanon before coming to the university.
However, the university’s graduates reside in more than 120 countries worldwide. The language of instruction is English. Degrees granted at the university are officially registered with the New York Board of Regents.
The American University of Beirut was awarded institutional accreditation in June 2004 by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The college’s accreditation was reaffirmed in 2009 and again in 2016 and 2019. In September 2006, the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) approved the Graduate Public Health Program in the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS).
The program was reaccredited in 2012 for seven years. The American University of Beirut Graduate Public Health Program is the first CEPH-accredited public health program outside the North American continent and the only CEPH-accredited public health program in the Arab world, Asia, and Africa.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) approved AUB’s Rafic Hariri School of Nursing’s BSN and MSN programs on October 13, 2007. The accreditation was reaffirmed in 2012.
In April 2009, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accredited the Suliman S. Olayan School of Business (OSB). The accreditation was reaffirmed in 2014.
Moreover, AACSB is the leading international accrediting agency for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting.
Less than five percent of business schools worldwide have achieved AACSB International accreditation. The American University of Beirut offers 141 undergraduate/graduate programs and 36 certificates and diplomas.
In 2007, the university reintroduced Ph.D. programs. The American University of Beirut also includes dozens of research centers and institutes that sponsor and promote research in a variety of fields.
The American University of Beirut has been publishing since its start as the Syrian Protestant College (SPC). The earliest publication held in AUB’s Nami Jafet Memorial Library was published in 1881; a study in Arabic on the management of disease, written by Dr. John Wortabet, professor of Anatomy and Physiology in the medical school of the Syrian Protestant College.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme at the university aims to prepare young people to be agents of change in their communities, countries, and regions. The scholarship needs students to attend a series of workshops, courses, and fieldwork in addition to the courses for their degree.
Requirements for Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme
To be qualified for Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme, graduate scholarships are open to:
- Nationals of Africa
- Nationals of Lebanon
- Refugees and displaced people living in Lebanon
Selection and admission are based on:
- Academic promise
- Financial need
- Leadership potential
- Desire to give back and go back to one’s community
- Evidence of meeting RUSE (Readiness for University Studies in English) requirement
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme
For further information, click here.
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here
Flinders University Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship In Australia For 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
The Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship is made available by retired ophthalmologists Drs Mary Calthorpe and George Wong have established an endowed fund to support scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students studying medicine.
The Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship strives to increase the number of Indigenous students working as doctors in Indigenous communities.
Flinders University is a public research university in Adelaide, South Australia. Based in 1966, it was named in honor of British navigator Matthew Flinders, who studied and researched the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group. It pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to education, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities have been rated among the nation’s top 10.
The university’s main campus is located in the Adelaide inner southern suburb of Bedford Park, about 12 km south of the Adelaide city center. Flinders University also has a presence in Victoria Square in the center of the city, and Tonsley.
Flinders University maintains several external teaching facilities in regional South Australia, southwest Victoria, and the Northern Territory. As of 2020, international students made up 19.5% of the on-campus student population, and some offshore programs are also offered, primarily in the Asia-Pacific region.
The university offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher degree research supervision across all disciplines.
Most courses use new information and communication technologies to supplement face-to-face teaching and provide flexible options. Flinders University is amongst the world’s top 300 institutions according to the Times Higher Education rankings.
Furthermore, the 2020 Times Higher Education rankings of the world’s top universities rated Flinders University in the 251–300 bracket.
Successful Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship applicants will receive an award of $20,000 per academic year for an initial period of up to four years subject to satisfactory academic progress. Note that payments will be made in fortnightly installments.
Eligibility for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship
To be qualified for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship, applicants must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- be accepted as such by the community in which they live or have lived; and
- be registered in the Doctor of Medicine at Flinders University; and
- be able to display financial hardship; and
Scholars receiving this scholarship will not be qualified to hold similar scholarships together.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for the Scholarship
Selection for the scholarship will be made by the College of Medicine and Public Health and Yunggorendi Student Services in concurrency with Student Finance and Scholarships.
The Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship will be determined by the following selection criteria:
· financial need
· displayed a desire to work as a doctor in an Indigenous community post-graduation.
How to Apply for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship
Applications for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date.
Ensure you read the how to apply page and make sure all of your details are up-to-date in the Student System as you will be evaluated using this information.
The following documentation will be required as part of the application process:
- Applicants who receive a Commonwealth Income Support payment will need to display evidence of this. This can be done by uploading a recent Centrelink (or DVA) Income Statement which shows you are currently in receipt of government means tested benefits.
- Applicants who are not in receipt of a Commonwealth Income Support payment as described above will need to complete the Financial Hardship Form which can be downloaded below.
Submit an application
For further details, visit the Flinders University website.
The application deadline for the scholarship is July 8, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here
China5 days ago
Chinese State-Run Media Warns About Bitcoin’s Price Falling To Zero As Regulators Issue Fresh Crypto Warning
$500M4 days ago
Crypto Firm Voyager Digital Secures A $500M Line Of Credit From Alameda Ventures To Cope With 3AC Exposure
Altcoins3 days ago
Compound [COMP]: With a 103% rally to its credit, here’s how the token still manages to disappoint many
Bitcoin Miners3 days ago
Report: $4B In Bitcoin Mining Loans Are In Distress — JPMorgan Analyst Says Price Pressure Stems From Miner Sales
Bitcoin4 days ago
As Bitcoin [BTC] moves above $20,000, has the king token decided to make a slow recovery this time around?
$655 million loan7 days ago
Three Arrows Capital Allegedly Owes Voyager Digital $655M — Crypto Firm Is ‘Unable To Assess’ If It Can Recover The Funds
17919 WBTC5 days ago
Report: Goldman Sachs Looks To Buy Distressed Assets From Celsius, Crypto Lender Seeks Restructuring Advice
Class Action Lawsuit7 days ago
Do Kwon Interview Explains He’s ‘Devastated’ By LUNA Collapse, Says ‘There’s A Difference Between Failing And Fraud’