We are offering two University College London IMPACT Scholarships annually which will support candidates who have displayed financial need, who have lived experience of imbalance, and who show great promise for resident’s health impact.
Controlling and redressing the impact of inequalities is a root philosophy of the UCL Master of Public Health (MPH). To reflect this, the University College London IMPACT Scholarships will cover the successful recipients’ full fees (£16,500) to study in the MPH program.
People who want to study full-time, part-time or modular flexible are welcome to apply and the scholarship will be applied to their fees pro rata.
University College London, which operates as UCL is a general research university in London, United Kingdom. It is a member institution of the federal University of London and is the second-largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment and the largest by postgraduate enrolment.
Founded in 1826, as London University, by founders encouraged by the radical ideas of Jeremy Bentham, University College London was the first university institution to be founded in London, and the first in England to be completely secular and to admit students still of their religion.
University College London also makes challenged claims to be the third-oldest university in England and the first to admit women. In 1836, the university became one of the two founding colleges of the University of London, which was given a royal charter in the same year.
However, the university has grown through mergers, including the Institute of Ophthalmology (in 1995), the Institute of Neurology (in 1997), the Royal Free Hospital Medical School (in 1998), the Eastman Dental Institute (in 1999), the School of Slavonic and East European Studies (in 1999), the School of Pharmacy (in 2012) and the Institute of Education (in 2014).
University College London has its main campus in the Bloomsbury area of central London, with several institutes and teaching hospitals elsewhere in central London and satellite campuses at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, east London, and in Doha, Qatar.
In addition, the university is organized into 11 constituent faculties, within which there are over 100 departments, institutes, and research centers. University College London operates several museums and collections in a wide range of fields, including the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology and the Grant Museum of Zoology and Comparative Anatomy, and administers the annual Orwell Prize in political writing.
In 2019/20, the university had about 43,840 students and 16,400 staff (including around 7,100 academic staff and 840 professors) and had a total income of £1.54 billion, of which £468 million was from research grants and contracts.
University College London is a member of multiple academic organizations, including the Russell Group and the League of European Research Universities, and is part of UCL Partners, the world’s largest academic health science center.
Furthermore, the university is considered part of the “golden triangle” of research-intensive universities in southeast England. University College London has publishing and commercial activities including UCL Press, UCL Business, and UCL Consultants.
Also, the university has many notable alumni, including the respective “Fathers of the Nation” of India, Kenya, and Mauritius, the founders of Ghana, modern Japan, and Nigeria, the creator of the telephone, and one of the co-discoverers of the structure of DNA.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- There are up to two University College London IMPACT Scholarships available in 2022/23.
- The value of the bursary is £16,500.
- The bursary is invulnerable for students who wish to study full-time, part time, or through modular-flexible.
- The bursary will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees.
Requirements for University College London IMPACT Scholarships
To be eligible for University College London IMPACT Scholarships, candidates must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Applicants must have experienced inequality. This may include, the nut is not limited to, the experience of inequality due to income, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, carer responsibilities, damaging childhood experiences, social exclusion, or disability.
- Meets the admissions criteria for UCL online Master of Public Health (MPH).
- Have submitted an admissions application for the MPH program at UCL, starting in 2022/23.
- Must display excellent academic and research abilities.
- Be skilled in the use of English.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for the scholarship
The University College London IMPACT Scholarships are awarded based on a comprehensive set of criteria to assess applicants’ description of:
- How their experience of imbalance (due to income, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, carer responsibilities, adverse childhood experience, social exclusion, or disability) has shaped them and their drive to study Public Health.
- Why they should receive a scholarship to undertake the Master of Public Health and how it will help them personally.
- How they will use their experience of inequality and the use of the scholarship and MPH to make a difference in population health in their future career.
A panel of two assessors will examine and score each application separately. Incorporated/average scores across assessors will be ranked. The two highest-scoring applicants will be recommended for scholarships.
How to Apply for University College London IMPACT Scholarships
If you are interested in University College London IMPACT Scholarships and eligible, go to University College London on forms.office.com to apply.
For more inquiries, visit the UCL website
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here
Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships For International Students At The University Of Oxford In The UK For 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
Until lately, the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships have been awarded in 20 constituencies representing over 60 different countries. Now the scholarships are fully international: two new Global Scholarships allow qualified candidates from the rest of the world to apply (subject to nomination).
Rhodes Trust is a global organization that uses its deep connections across the world to bring together people of different backgrounds and perspectives.
We urge the people to debate, challenge each other’s thinking and develop new ideas. Cecil Rhodes hoped his Trustees to acclimate his plans to respond effectively to changing circumstances.
Thereafter his death his Trustees formed several more Scholarships for Canada than he had done. The adaptation continued through three Acts of the British Parliament and other significant changes to his will for example, during World War I, negating the German Scholarships, which were twice re-created by his Trustees (in 1929-30 and 1969-70); in 1929, completely transforming the geographic base on which the Scholarships are awarded in the United States; opening up all but four of the Scholarships to women as well as to men in 1976; the opening up of those four remaining Scholarships (for named schools in South Africa) to women in recent years.
However, during the first 100 years after Cecil Rhodes’s death, the Trustees added at one time or another about another 40 Scholarships, though not all have continued.
In 2003 to mark the centennial of the Rhodes Scholarships and to continue the historic responsibility of the Rhodes Trust to Africa and specifically to leadership development for Africa, the Rhodes Trust joined in the innovation of The Mandela Rhodes Foundation.
The Rhodes Trust is a forward-looking organization. As Nelson Mandela said at the launch of that Foundation in 2003, there is a chance to close the circle of history.
Moreover, we do not shy away from history but use it to challenge the status quo.
- The basic tenure of the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and individual conduct. In specific cases, at the control of the Academic Committee of the Rhodes Trust;
- Rhodes Trustees, Students may apply for the third year of Scholarship to complete the DPhil,
- The Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships are for not less than two years.
Eligibility for Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships
Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young persons of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and dedication to service from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide.
The four criteria governing the selection of Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships Students are:
- Literary and scholastic achievements (academic excellence)
- Energy to use one’s talents to the full (as displayed by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, specifically where teamwork is concerned)
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness, and fellowship
- The moral force of character and intuitions to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
The following eligibility standards apply to all candidates for the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships:
- Citizenship & residency: From any country in the world
- Age: You must have reached your 18th birthday and not have passed your 24th birthday on 1 October in the year of application. There is some divergence on the upper age limit across constituencies depending on the local environment. Please check carefully the exact age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful applicants will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not be postponed.
- Education: Rhodes Scholars must have completed a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford, to an adequately high standard to meet both the Rhodes and the Oxford criteria. Please consult the detailed information provided by the constituency to which you are applying on our How to apply for a Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships page and the prospectus pages of the University of Oxford. NB: Some constituencies need completion of your undergraduate degree in the year of application for the Scholarship.
How to Apply for Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships
If you are interested and eligible for Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships, Go to Rhodes Trust on www. Rhodes house.ox.ac. the UK to apply. Please note that you may submit only one Rhodes Scholarship application in an application round. Any applicant submitting more than one application per year will be disqualified from all submitted applications.
For more information, visit the website.
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is August 1, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here
American University Of Beirut Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme In The USA For 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
The American University of Beirut (AUB) offers Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme scholarships for graduate education in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation.
The American University of Beirut is a private, non-sectarian, and independent university chartered in New York with its campus in Beirut, Lebanon.
The university is governed by a private, autonomous board of trustees and offers programs leading to bachelor’s, master’s, MD, and Ph.D. degrees.
The American University of Beirut has an operating budget of $423 million with an endowment of approximately $768 million. The campus is comprised of 64 buildings, which include the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC, previously known as AUH – American University Hospital), (420 beds), four libraries, three museums, and seven dormitories.
Almost one-fifth of American University of Beirut’s students attended secondary school or university outside Lebanon before coming to the university.
However, the university’s graduates reside in more than 120 countries worldwide. The language of instruction is English. Degrees granted at the university are officially registered with the New York Board of Regents.
The American University of Beirut was awarded institutional accreditation in June 2004 by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The college’s accreditation was reaffirmed in 2009 and again in 2016 and 2019. In September 2006, the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) approved the Graduate Public Health Program in the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS).
The program was reaccredited in 2012 for seven years. The American University of Beirut Graduate Public Health Program is the first CEPH-accredited public health program outside the North American continent and the only CEPH-accredited public health program in the Arab world, Asia, and Africa.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) approved AUB’s Rafic Hariri School of Nursing’s BSN and MSN programs on October 13, 2007. The accreditation was reaffirmed in 2012.
In April 2009, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accredited the Suliman S. Olayan School of Business (OSB). The accreditation was reaffirmed in 2014.
Moreover, AACSB is the leading international accrediting agency for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting.
Less than five percent of business schools worldwide have achieved AACSB International accreditation. The American University of Beirut offers 141 undergraduate/graduate programs and 36 certificates and diplomas.
In 2007, the university reintroduced Ph.D. programs. The American University of Beirut also includes dozens of research centers and institutes that sponsor and promote research in a variety of fields.
The American University of Beirut has been publishing since its start as the Syrian Protestant College (SPC). The earliest publication held in AUB’s Nami Jafet Memorial Library was published in 1881; a study in Arabic on the management of disease, written by Dr. John Wortabet, professor of Anatomy and Physiology in the medical school of the Syrian Protestant College.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme at the university aims to prepare young people to be agents of change in their communities, countries, and regions. The scholarship needs students to attend a series of workshops, courses, and fieldwork in addition to the courses for their degree.
Requirements for Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme
To be qualified for Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme, graduate scholarships are open to:
- Nationals of Africa
- Nationals of Lebanon
- Refugees and displaced people living in Lebanon
Selection and admission are based on:
- Academic promise
- Financial need
- Leadership potential
- Desire to give back and go back to one’s community
- Evidence of meeting RUSE (Readiness for University Studies in English) requirement
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme
For further information, click here.
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here
Flinders University Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship In Australia For 2022/2023 – Latest Scholarships
The Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship is made available by retired ophthalmologists Drs Mary Calthorpe and George Wong have established an endowed fund to support scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students studying medicine.
The Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship strives to increase the number of Indigenous students working as doctors in Indigenous communities.
Flinders University is a public research university in Adelaide, South Australia. Based in 1966, it was named in honor of British navigator Matthew Flinders, who studied and researched the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group. It pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to education, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities have been rated among the nation’s top 10.
The university’s main campus is located in the Adelaide inner southern suburb of Bedford Park, about 12 km south of the Adelaide city center. Flinders University also has a presence in Victoria Square in the center of the city, and Tonsley.
Flinders University maintains several external teaching facilities in regional South Australia, southwest Victoria, and the Northern Territory. As of 2020, international students made up 19.5% of the on-campus student population, and some offshore programs are also offered, primarily in the Asia-Pacific region.
The university offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher degree research supervision across all disciplines.
Most courses use new information and communication technologies to supplement face-to-face teaching and provide flexible options. Flinders University is amongst the world’s top 300 institutions according to the Times Higher Education rankings.
Furthermore, the 2020 Times Higher Education rankings of the world’s top universities rated Flinders University in the 251–300 bracket.
Successful Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship applicants will receive an award of $20,000 per academic year for an initial period of up to four years subject to satisfactory academic progress. Note that payments will be made in fortnightly installments.
Eligibility for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship
To be qualified for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship, applicants must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- be accepted as such by the community in which they live or have lived; and
- be registered in the Doctor of Medicine at Flinders University; and
- be able to display financial hardship; and
Scholars receiving this scholarship will not be qualified to hold similar scholarships together.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for the Scholarship
Selection for the scholarship will be made by the College of Medicine and Public Health and Yunggorendi Student Services in concurrency with Student Finance and Scholarships.
The Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship will be determined by the following selection criteria:
· financial need
· displayed a desire to work as a doctor in an Indigenous community post-graduation.
How to Apply for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship
Applications for Calthorpe Wong Indigenous Medical Scholarship should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date.
Ensure you read the how to apply page and make sure all of your details are up-to-date in the Student System as you will be evaluated using this information.
The following documentation will be required as part of the application process:
- Applicants who receive a Commonwealth Income Support payment will need to display evidence of this. This can be done by uploading a recent Centrelink (or DVA) Income Statement which shows you are currently in receipt of government means tested benefits.
- Applicants who are not in receipt of a Commonwealth Income Support payment as described above will need to complete the Financial Hardship Form which can be downloaded below.
Submit an application
For further details, visit the Flinders University website.
The application deadline for the scholarship is July 8, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here
Altcoins6 days ago
Compound [COMP]: With a 103% rally to its credit, here’s how the token still manages to disappoint many
$500M6 days ago
Crypto Firm Voyager Digital Secures A $500M Line Of Credit From Alameda Ventures To Cope With 3AC Exposure
Bitcoin6 days ago
As Bitcoin [BTC] moves above $20,000, has the king token decided to make a slow recovery this time around?
Bitcoin Miners5 days ago
Report: $4B In Bitcoin Mining Loans Are In Distress — JPMorgan Analyst Says Price Pressure Stems From Miner Sales
Altcoins6 days ago
Lido Finance [LDO]: Assessing what went wrong with this token in the last seven days
100 million6 days ago
Harmony’s $100M Hack Was Due To A Compromised Multi-Sig Scheme, Says Analyst
Altcoins6 days ago
Polkadot: Can DOT dare to dream of bull run amid growing investor interest in the blockchain?
Aave7 days ago
AAVE: Here’s why the token is in whales’ latest shopping list