Following the bankruptcy judge approving the release of $270 million in cash deposits, the crypto firm Voyager Digital has announced that it plans to open cash withdrawals starting on Thursday, August 11. After the cash withdrawal gates are open, Voyager customers can withdraw up to $100K in cash via an automated clearing house (ACH) transfer.
Voyager Digital Plans to Open the Withdrawal Gates and Limit Customers to $100K ACH Transfers on August 11
- Last month, on July 1, Voyager Digital suspended trading, deposits, and withdrawals, and a week later, the company officially filed for bankruptcy protection. Voyager had significant exposure to the now defunct crypto hedge fund Three Arrows Capital (3AC), and 3AC defaulted on a $620 million loan owed to Voyager.
- On August 4, 2022, the Wall Street Journal reported that Judge Michael Wiles of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York approved the release of $270 million in cash deposits held by Metropolitan Commercial bank (MCB).
- The following day, Voyager detailed in a blog post that it was updating customers on access to cash, and the next steps of the company’s reorganization process. Voyager plans to open up cash withdrawals next week, and funds will be disbursed to people’s accounts around 5-10 business days later.
- “We anticipate resuming access to the Voyager app for cash withdrawals only, starting on Thursday, August 11th,” Voyager said on Friday. “Customers with cash (U.S. dollars) in their accounts will receive an email with more details before cash withdrawal access in the app becomes available.”
- At the same time, Voyager is “simultaneously pursuing a standalone restructuring process and a potential sale of the company.” Bidding for the company begins on August 26 and the sale hearing will be “held on September 8th.”
- The U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York is also giving Voyager customers up until October 3, 2022 to file claims against Voyager, which includes claims for cryptocurrency holdings. Voyager has also created an Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors (UCC) last month.
- “Once cash withdrawals are enabled, customers can request withdrawals of up to $100,000 via ACH in a 24-hour period,” Voyager’s blog post concludes.
Tags in this story
$100K, $100K limit, $270 Million, August 11, Bankruptcy Court, bankruptcy process, Cash Deposits, cash withdrawals, cash withdrawals August 11, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Court, Judge Michael Wiles, MCB, Metropolitan Commercial Bank, new york, Steven Ehrlich, US dollar accounts, Voyager Digital
What do you think about Voyager Digital opening up cash withdrawals on August 11? Let us know your thoughts about this subject in the comments section below.
Jamie Redman is the News Lead at Bitcoin.com News and a financial tech journalist living in Florida. Redman has been an active member of the cryptocurrency community since 2011. He has a passion for Bitcoin, open-source code, and decentralized applications. Since September 2015, Redman has written more than 5,700 articles for Bitcoin.com News about the disruptive protocols emerging today.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.
Monero Faces Pressure In Keeping Upward Pace – Will XMR Overcome Resistance?
Monero has its hands full trying to keep its momentum and rally forward. But, it must first overcome obstacles. As...
TA- Binance Coin Continues To Look Strong Despite Altcoins Shakeout
The price of Binance coin (BNB) continues to look strong as it holds its support against Tether (USDT) after the...
July’s CPI Report Shows US Inflation Cooling — Critics Say ‘US Government’s Formula Understates The Actual Rise In Prices’
After last June’s inflation report published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicated that the Consumer Price Index (CPI)...
Defi Attacker Siphons $570,000 From Curve Finance, Crypto Exchange Fixedfloat Freezes 112 Ethereum
Reports indicate that the decentralized finance (defi) protocol Curve was hacked for $570,000 in ethereum after people noticed that Curve’s...
Biggest Movers: AVAX Nears Highest Level Since May, ETC Moves Towards $40
Avalanche rallied on Wednesday, as the token broke out of a key resistance level on its way towards a multi-month...
German Crypto Exchange Nuri Files For Insolvency
Cryptocurrency exchange Nuri has filed for insolvency, reportedly becoming Germany’s first fintech to take the step in a challenging year...
Report: Nearly 13,000 Chinese Social Media Accounts Promoting Virtual Currency Closed
Nearly 13,000 Chinese social media accounts that allegedly promoted virtual currency investments were closed, the Cyberspace Administration of China recently...
Decentralizing The Internet: How Wayru Is Bringing People Together With Blockchain
sponsored In 2011 the UN released a report declaring the internet a Human Right, but over a decade later millions...
Current Mortgage Refinance Rates, August 10, 2022 | Rates Move Higher
Advertiser Disclosure Jason Stauffer Jason Stauffer Staff WriterAdvertisement Jason Stauffer is a personal finance reporter who previously covered the housing...
USDT volume on exchanges up 20% in 3 months
USDT volume on exchanges up 20% in 3 months Oluwapelumi Adejumo · 6 mins ago · 2 min read According...
Axie Infinity holders have reasons to celebrate market drawdown
The market crash has affected every cryptocurrency in some or the other way. And, the recovery from the same has...
What’s changed in GameFi in the last month? – July Report
What’s changed in GameFi in the last month? – July Report Footprint Analytics · 2 hours ago · 7 min...
How To Make Money From Ethereum Name Service?
Learn how you can use ENS to become rich We all love to reap the benefits of advanced technologies, but...
Degrain (DGRN) Continues To Thrive In Bear Market, Outshines Litecoin(LTC) And Polkadot(DOT)
In this article, we examine why the coin on the block, Degrain, has been thriving while Litecoin and Polkadot have...
HUMAN Protocol’s Big Announcement On V2 Upgrade With Routing Protocol
The voting model will utilize HUMAN Protocol Reputation Oracles to adjust voting power. Last week, HUMAN Protocol announced the introduction...
Report: Samsung Signs MOU To Build Galaxy NFT Ecosystem
Korean electronic goods producer Samsung Electronics recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with six companies that will collaborate to...
Shiba Inu Breakout Is On The Way! And Only Whales Can Help In That
Shiba Inu is outperforming in the crypto market and gaining the attention of ETH whales Shiba Inu is the most...
Tornado Cash’s Token TORN Plunged Yesterday; Snap Inc Is In The Early Stages Of Planning Layoffs: Tech Market Roundup
Here are some quick tech catch for you so that you stay updated with the latest crypto and tech news...
Adam Mosseri6 days ago
Meta Expands Instagram’s NFT Rollout To 100 Countries — Platform Connects With Third Party Web3 Wallets
adoption6 days ago
Istanbul Blockchain Week founder Erhan Korhaliller discusses why Turkey is one of the hottest places for crypto
Antpool6 days ago
Bitcoin’s Mining Difficulty Rises For The First Time In 57 Days, BTC Hashrate Slipped 1.7% Lower In Q2
bonds5 days ago
Meta Reportedly Issuing $10 Billion In Bonds To Invest In Its Metaverse Products And Other Initiatives
cbn5 days ago
Nigerian Currency Recovers Versus US Dollar — Central Bank Says Importers Must Repatriate Forex Earnings
Aladdin6 days ago
Coinbase Partners With World’s Largest Asset Manager Blackrock To Give Aladdin Clients Access To Cryptocurrencies
consumer price index5 days ago
Latest Turkey Inflation Rate Of 79.6% The Highest In 24 Years — Weakening Lira And Russia-Ukraine War Blamed
Africa6 days ago
Speculators And Crypto Traders Blamed For Naira’s Plunge, Kenyan Institutions Told To End Dealings With Nigerian Fintechs, CAR Token Sale Off To Slow Start